Saturday, February 28, 2015

Elway

Sometimes you find music that, when you hear it for the first time, it just has you in it's grip and it will not let go. On the other side, it's familiar in a way that you have not seen or heard in years and you really enjoy the vibe. 

Elway, a band from Fort Collins, Colorado, is the band that band I speak of.
I saw them a few years ago as an opening band, who I later had a chance to talk to, and are just a great group of musicians. They were on tour for their first full album "Delusions" released in 2011.

From the get go I felt and saw something I had not in years. It took me a few songs later to realize what I felt and saw was a mid 80's Minneapolis Replacements, Husker Du, Soul Asylum kinda thing. All in a very GOOD way. The music, the way they joked on stage, the way sometimes they just don't give a f*ck and man do I miss those days.

Here is how I saw the band first...live.




Listen to "Delusions" 





The bands most recent release called "Leavetaking" was released in 2013 and is a great follow up.








No comments:

Post a Comment